Working for

You.

Since 1935, the UAW has been a leader in the fight for progressive policies and programs
that have given millions of Americans
the opportunity to realize the
American Dream.

 UAW BENEFITS OFFICE UPDATES AND REMINDERS FOR UNIT 1 RETIREES

FEDERAL TAX WITHHOLDING CHANGE ON PENSION CHECKS

If you have noticed a decrease in your pension benefit, it may be because more federal tax and/or state withholding have been adjusted. State Street Bank is now calculating the tax withholding for federal and state taxes instead of Benefit Connect, the new administrator for benefits. You can change the withholding amounts for the next pension payment for review and re-adjust accordingly. You can always contact your tax advisor for the accurate amount you need to withhold when deciding to change your withholding amounts. If you want to make withholdings changes, we will be happy to help you or you can call Bendfit Connect at 1-888-409-3300 between the hours of 7 am to 3 pm.

2017 BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2017

TRADITIONAL CARE NETWORK BCBS

  • Monthly contributions still $17/Single $34/Family
  • Deductible for In-Network increase of $15 now $400/Single; increase of $25 now $675/Family
  • Deductible for Out-of-Network same $1,000/Single $1,700/Family
  • Coinsurance still 10% for In-Network and 30% for Out-of-Network
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for In-Network increase of $45 now $800/Single; increase of $80 now $1475/Family
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for Out-of-Network no change $3,000/Single $5,550/Family

NON-MEDICARE (PRE-65) COPAYS

  • Office Visits copay stell $25 for 6 visits with Primary Care Physician
  • Office Visits with a Specialist is still not covered
  • Urgent Care including Retail Health Centers still $50 copay
  • Emergency Room still $125 copay (waived if admitted)

MEDICARE (POST-65) COPAYS

  • Office Visits copay covered by Medicare at 80% after Part B deductible is met; you pay the remaining 20%
  • Office Visit with a Specialist covered by Medicare at 80% after Part B deductible is met; you pay the remaining 20%
  • Urgent Care including Retail Health Centers still $50 copay
  • Emergency Room still $125 copay (waived if admitted)

PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) PLANS/HUMANA (Plan Closed for New Enrollment)

  • Monthly contributions still $17/Single $34/Family
  • Deductible for In-Network increase of $15 now $440/Single; $735/Family
  • Deductible for Out-of-Network same $1,000/Single; $,1,700/Family
  • Coinsurance still 10% for In-Network and 30% for Out-of-Network
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for In-Network increase of $45 now $1,245/Single; increase of $80 now $2,280/Family
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for Out-of-Network no change $3,000/Single $5,550/Family

NON-MEDICARE (PRE-65) COPAYS

  • Office Visits copay covered at 50% coinsurance with Primary Care Physicians
  • Office Visits with a Specialist covered at 50% coinsurance
  • Urgent Care including Retail Health Centers still $50 copay
  • Emergency Room still $125 copay (waived if admitted)

MEDICARE (POST-65) COPAYS

    • Office Visits copay, after Medicare Part B deductible is met, you pay 50% coinsurance for remaining 20%
    • Office Visits with a Specialist copay, after Medicare Part B deductible is met, you pay 50% coinsurance for remaining 20%
    • Urgent Care including Retail Health Centers still $50 copay
    • Emergency Room still $50 copay (waived if admitted)

MEDICARE ADVANTAGE (MA) PPO (POST-65)

No changes in cost share to MA plans

  • No monthly contributions
  • Deductible for In-Network $245 per person
  • Deductible for Out-of-Network $490
  • Coninsurance still 10% for In-Network 30% Out-of-Network
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for In-Network $630 per person
  • Total Out-of-Pocket Yearly Max for Out-of-Network $1,395 per person

COPAYS

  • Office Visits copay still $20 per visit with Primary Care Physicians
  • Office Visits copay still $25 with a Specialist
  • Urgent Care including Retail Health Centers still $25 copay
  • Emergency Room still $50 copay (waived if admitted)

PRESCRIPTION DRUG CHANGES & COPAYS

   Retail OTC/30 Day Supply  Mail Order/90-Day Supply
Tier 1 Generic   $14 increase of $2  $24 No Change
Tier 2 Preferred Brand  $45 increas of $5  $85 increase of $5
 Tier 3 Non-Preferred Brand  $115 increase of $15  $230 uncrease of $30

NOTE:Certain drug classes will have generic-only coverage. Retirees currently taking brand-name drugs in the affected drug classes should have recieved a letter in the month of October instructing you along with your doctor, how to switch to a covered generic medication.

SPECIALTY MEDICATION CHANGES

In order to keep specialty medications affordable and to manage care, certain Specialty Medications will not be covered under the medical benefit and will need to be obtained through the pharmacy benefit. Specialty medications will still be covered under the Trust. A letter will be mailed with instructions on how to obtain the specialty medication through the pharmacy benefit.

FLU, PNEUMONIA, SHINGLES AND TDAP (Whooping Cough, Tetanus, and Diphtheria) VACCINATIONS

You can now go to a participating Express Script network pharmacy and show your Express Scripts prescription ID card and receive your flu, pneumonia, shingles, or Tdap immunization for the pharmacy copay of $12 until December 31, 2016. On January 1, 2017 the copay will be $14. Express Scripts customer service number is 1-866-668-0274 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please keep your personal contact information, bank change and beneficiary information updated. As your Benefits Representatives, we are here to assist you if you have any questions.

UPCOMING EVENTS
Thu Jun 29
Unit 4 Android Shift Meeting
Thu Jun 29 @12:00 -
Retiree Chapter Meeting
Sat Jul 01 @10:00 -
Darkhorse Benefit Ride
Wed Jul 05 @05:00 -
Education Committee Meeting
Thu Jul 06
Unit 9 TRI DIM
Thu Jul 06 @05:00 -
Recreation Committee Meeting
Fri Jul 07 @08:00 -
Veterans Committee Golf Outing